Microneedling, known as collagen induction therapy, involves an electrically powered pen-shaped device equipped with small needles that create precise, microscopic punctures in the skin.
These tiny channels enable more efficient infusion of serums and active ingredients, leading to increased collagen production and improved skin texture and tone. This process aids in naturally stimulating the skin for self-repair.
Microneedling. The Collagen Boost your skin needs.
What conditions does Microneedling treat?
You might consider microneedling if you’re concerned about:
• Acne scars
• Fine lines or wrinkles
• Loose or crepey (thin and wrinkled) skin
• Enlarged pores
• Skin discoloration or uneven skin tone
• Stretch marks
What are the benefits of Microneedling?
Microneedling can help improve the appearance and texture of your skin. It can minimise stretch marks, scars, wrinkles, and other skin concerns.
It doesn’t carry the risk of skin discoloration, unlike some facial rejuvenation procedures that use heat, light, or lasers. This makes microneedling ideal for people with darker skin tones.
Before the treatment?
About a week before your treatment, you should stop using any medications or supplements that may have blood-thinning side effects.
Is Microneedling painful?
About 30 to 45 minutes before your procedure, an anaesthetic or numbing cream is applied.
You might feel warmth or a scratching sensation on your face once the microneedling starts. Some people feel discomfort if the needles are near bony areas, such as your cheekbones. Deeper microneedling might cause a little bleeding.
How long does a Microneedling session take?
A microneedling procedure can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour or so, depending on the size of the area that needs treatment.
- For the first 24 hours after your treatment, you should avoid hot water, makeup, and harsh cleansers on your skin.
- During the first few days, you should avoid exfoliating chemicals or other irritating skin products.
- About a week after your treatment, you will be able to lightly exfoliate your skin to reveal fresh, natural-looking results.